HR managers play a key role in the overall operation of your company’s human resources department. It’s vital to find an HR manager who not only fits the role, but also fits within company culture. Assessing this fit is particularly important because your new HR manager will also play a role in hiring all future employees. This is why asking effective interview questions is so important. You only have a short period of time to assess a candidate, get to know them, what they have accomplished and what they could accomplish with your organization.
TOP HR MANAGER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Since you are hiring for a management position, it’s even more important to be thorough with your questions. If you are applying for an HR management position, it’s important to be prepared to answer questions about management style, past experiences, and operational and situational questions.
Whether you are hiring an HR manager or you are a candidate applying for an HR manager position, here are some of the top HR manager interview questions that will help both parties identify whether or not there is a fit:
- How would you describe your management style?
- What is your overall approach to human resource management and managing the department?
- What is your view on coaching and training?
- What is your hiring approach? Where do you find top industry talent?
- What is your approach to new employee onboarding?
- What is your ideal company culture? How do you define it?
- What technology and tools do you believe are essential for HR management?
- What do you think is the biggest motivator for employees?
- How do you keep employees engaged? What is your best advice?
- What is the most effective approach to resolving an employee conflict?
These are some of the most common HR manager questions. These questions bring out the core information both the candidate and company are seeking during the interview process.
MORE JOB INTERVIEW TIPS
Check out these blog posts to get more tips and advice about searching jobs posts and preparing your resume:
Felicia is the manager of human capital solutions at AugmentHR. With over six years of recruitment experience coupled with multi-faceted HR roles, Felicia is an expert in matching people with the right role and environment. She has worked in many different industries, including investment banking, HR consulting firms, medical, and commercial. Understanding people is one of her strengths, and she has recruited at every level, from directors, project managers, and engineers to operators and general labourers. Her ability to network and develop relationships has been a key tool to her success. With approximately two years of experience managing people and creating a positive work environment, Felicia’s diverse skill set makes her a well-rounded individual. Her business education and background help her identify different business needs and human capital solutions.